Bob Bricault , Extension Educator, Horticulture and Natural Resources
Information and educational programs for home gardeners and all aspects of home horticulture.
- Master Gardener Program - coordination of the Washtenaw County Master Gardener Program
- Junior Master Gardener Program- coordinated in partnership with Washtenaw County 4-H.
- Plant and Insect Diagnostic Service - for a small fee, plant and insect specimens brought in to the office will be diagnosed, with a report mailed to the customer.
- Horticulture Programs and Presentations - to community groups and service organizations. Special workshops and seminars are offered seasonally.
- Grow It, Cook It, Eat It - Home vegetable gardening is once again popular. Learn how to harvest, store and cook your vegetables. To register see attached flyer for details.
- Invasive species - identification and information on non native insect and plant pests developing in our area.
- Native and wild plant -plants developing in our area landscaping.
- Dial-A-Garden scheduled recordings- to hear gardening tips call (734) 971-1129.
- MSU Crop Advisory Alerts offer pest and management advice for current conditions on landscape, fruit, vegetable, field crops, and greenhouse production.
Garden Hotline- MSU Extension staff and Master Gardener volunteers answer questions on gardening, landscape problems, indoor plants and indoor pests. Please note we are not trained to help with pests that infect humans and these questions should be directed to a medical professional.
The garden hotline can be reached toll free at 1-888-678-3464
The hotline is open Monday through Friday except holidays