Landmark: Historic Webster Church
Location: Webster Church
Southeast Corner of Webster Church Rd. & Farrell Rd.
Why landmark: In the spring of 1834 whitewood logs were drawn from Plymouth, Michigan, brought to Fosters Mill at Scio and sawed into building material. Daniel Websters $100 contribution (solicited by Munnis Kenny) permitted construction to be completed. The church has been in continuous use since and is the oldest continuously occupied church in Washtenaw County. Initially Presbyterian, in 1858 it became Congregational Christian, and in 1957 affiliated with the United Church of Christ. Webster Church is a continued source of pride & admiration for all who pass by it and the citizens that it serves.
Photo by: Bill Sinkule