Landmark: The Store
Location: Six Mile Road Salem Hamlet of Salem Township. On the Northwest corner of Six Mile and Salem Roads and Dickerson Road
Why Landmark: This building is one of the original buildings of the Salem Hamlet and is the only business structure still in use from this olden time. Mr. Albert F. Van Atta opened a General Store in it in 1876. The floor above the store was used for club meetings, parties, plays and dances. The store has been in continuous serve to the hamlet. It even housed the Salem Post Office.
Photo by: Terry Cwik