Modification to Administration and Courthouse Parking Lot Hours of Operation
The Administration and Courthouse parking lots have continued to encounter safety, security and capacity issues at the end of the work day.
Many people are aware that the gates are scheduled to open at 5pm Monday thru Friday and on several occasions there has been someone waiting at the exit gate before it opens. This prevents employees from leaving the lot and endangers pedestrians as they try to avoid being hit by cars speeding into the parking lot to secure a parking space.
In an effort to eliminate these parking issues, the Infrastructure Management Office will make the following modifications on Wednesday, October 17, 2012.
- Public parking in the Administration lot will begin at 6pm Monday thru Friday on regular work days
- Public parking in the Courthouse lot will begin at 5:30pm Monday thru Friday on regular work days
- Public parking for Administration and Courthouse lots will end at 3am Sunday thru Thursday on regular work days
- Appropriate signage will be posted informing the public that their vehicle will be towed, if parked in the Administration or Courthouse parking lots after 3am without a permit.
- Arrows will be added to the deck as well as signs designating traffic flow
- There will be signage designating “exit only” and “entrance only” gates
- Signage will be updated to 30 minutes only for ADA Administration parking
- Bollards (concrete posts) will be installed near the gates to prevent vehicles from driving over the curb