Lead Poisoning


Lead is a naturally occurring metal found in the earth's crust. It is highly toxic and produces a range of adverse health effects, particularly in young children. Much of the lead in our environment comes from burning fossil fuels, mining, and manufacturing. Children are most often poisoned by lead paint and lead dust in older homes. Because of health concerns, lead in gasoline, paints, and other products has been dramatically reduced, but many children are still poisoned every year.

For more information, please contact Angela Parsons.

Document Actions
Google Translate