Lead Poisoning

lead_paint2.gif

Lead is a naturally occurring metal found in the earth's crust. It is highly toxic and produces a range of adverse health effects, particularly in young children. Much of the lead in our environment comes from burning fossil fuels, mining, and manufacturing. Children are most often poisoned by lead paint and lead dust in older homes. Because of health concerns, lead in gasoline, paints, and other products has been dramatically reduced, but many children are still poisoned every year.

For more information, please contact Angela Parsons.

Document Actions
Healthy Home Portal

Environmental Portal

The Healthy Home Portal provides information on environmental issues and available services for around your home.

Also visit these portals:

This service is brought to you by Environmental HealthMSU Extension, and the Water Resources Commissioner.

 
Google Translate