You are here: Home Living Environmental Health and Services Healthy Home Portal Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide

carbon_monoxide2.gifCarbon monoxide, or CO, is an odorless, colorless gas that can cause sudden illness and death. Carbon monoxide is found in combustion fumes produced by cars and trucks, small gasoline engines, stoves, lanterns, burning charcoal and wood, gas ranges, gas dryers, gas water heaters, and heating systems. Carbon monoxide from these sources can build up in enclosed or semi-enclosed spaces, and people and animals in these spaces can be poisoned.



For more information, please contact Angela Parsons.

Document Actions
Healthy Home Portal

Environmental Portal

The Healthy Home Portal provides information on environmental issues and available services for around your home.

Also visit these portals:

This service is brought to you by Environmental HealthMSU Extension, and the Water Resources Commissioner.

Google Translate