Washtenaw County Treasurer
Catherine McClary, County Treasurer
Everyone is Welcome Here
ARE YOU FACING IMMIGRATION ISSUES?
1. Michigan Immigrant Rights Center (MIRC)
The HOTLINE number is 734-239-6863. The hotline is for anyone who sees an ICE or Border Patrol vehicle, witnesses an interaction between those personnel and anyone in our community, or has a family member detained. They can help locate where the person has been taken and provide recommendations for legal services.
2. ACLU - American Civil Liberties Union, Michigan 2966 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48201 313-578-6800
3. Representative Debbie Dingell's office who can take up the case from a federal side. It is important even if not looking for assistance from the Congresswoman that her office can track the number of cases of people being detained. Her Ypsilanti office is located at 301 W Michigan Ave, Ste 400, Ypsilanti, MI 48197 734-481-1100
Income tax preparation assistance
Do you believe your property tax assessment is too high?
Step Forward Program has reopened to new applicants!
Money is available to pay your property taxes, if you have had a financial hardship.
- Interest-free, payment-free, forgivable loans
- Up to $30,000 in assistance
- Must have income to pay future taxes
We can help you complete an application. Call us to make an appointment.
Or, you can apply directly at:
2017 Poverty Exemption Guidelines
Poverty exemptions will allow eligible homeowners a one-year property tax exemption; granted by their city or township Board of Review.
- Poverty Exemption must be filed for annually.
- Homeowners must be below the poverty guideline set by their city or township Board of Review (click Pdf document below, call local assessing unit for more details).
- The owner of the property must be its principal resident.
- Applications for poverty exemption must be submitted before the last day of the Board of Review.
Please click below to review the guidelines for your city or township:
The County Treasurer is authorized by the Michigan Constitution and State law to serve as the County's Banker and Investment Officer. The Treasurer's primary responsibilities are to safeguard public funds and to collect and account for the revenue used to operate programs for County residents.