Fair and Impartial Policing Forum
The Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office cordially invites community stakeholders to join us for a discussion of Fair & Impartial Policing.
This public forum will focus on law enforcement’s efforts to build better community partnerships while employing well-trained public safety officers delivering services in a professional and unbiased manner. A brief overview of the current WCSO training being conducted for its staff members and local police agencies on “Fair and Impartial Policing” will be provided by the instructor, Peter DiDomenica. Public input and questions are encouraged.
When & Where:
· Wednesday, November 9, 2011 7:00PM – 9:00PM
· The Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office (14A Court Jury Assembly Room) 2201 Hogback Road, Ann Arbor, MI (come to the WCSO main lobby)
Topics of Discussion:
· Understanding and reducing biased policing practices.
· Properly assessing criminal activity
· Understanding cultural influences and unconscious biases.
· Mr. Peter DiDomenica
o Mr. DiDomenica retired from the Massachusetts State Police at the rank of lieutenant after 25 years of service.
o He is currently employed by the Boston University Police, Boston, MA, holding the rank of detective lieutenant.
· Please contact Kathy Wyatt:
· Office: 734-973-4613