Whitmore Lake Improvement Project
This lake management project provides lake improvement to Whitmore Lake by controlling invasive and nuisance aquatic weeds.
The weeds are controlled by the application of special chemicals to the lake, followed by additional spot applications as necessary. The current lake management project is for a five year period (2012-2016).
The special assessment district for the Whitmore Lake Improvement Project is situated within Northfield Township, Washtenaw County, and Green Oak Township, Livingston County. There are 868 parcels located in the special assessment district.
Publications & Reports
- Financial Report Through 6/30/16
- Financial Report Through 12/31/15
- Financial Report Through 6/30/15
- Financial Report Through 4/30/14
- Financial Report Through 6/30/13
- May 2015 Field Report
- May 2014 Field Report
- May 2012 Field Report
- 2011 Field Report
- 2010 Field Report
- 2010 Fishery Habitat Assessment Report: Washtenaw County Division of Public Works as part of the Whitmore Lake improvement Project contracted with Aquest Corporation and Superior Environmental & Aquatic Services LLC (SEAS) to conduct assessments of aquatic vegetation and fishery habitat.
- 2010 - Update on Observations of Starry Stonewort
- 2015-16 Whitmore Lake Management Plan Annual Report
- 2011-12 Whitmore Lake Management Plan Annual Report
- 2010 Whitmore Lake Management Plan Annual Report
- 2009 Whitmore Lake Management Plan Annual Report
- 2008 Whitmore Lake Management Plan Annual Report
- 2007 Whitmore Lake Management Plan Annual Report
- 2006 Whitmore Lake Management Plan Annual Report
- 2005 Lake Management Report
Other Reports & Resources
- 2006 Fishery Habitat Assessment Report: The information included in this report pertains to fishery habitat assessment conducted by SEAS on 27 June 2006.
- March 15, 2006 - The Northfield Courant Newspaper: Project Update: The Whitmore Lake Water Quality Advisory Board met to discuss the results of the 2005 lake management activities as well as the plans for 2006 and the renewal of the Whitmore Lake Improvement Project. The 2006 outlook for boating, swimming and fishing this summer is outstanding due to the efforts of the past and the continuing efforts to combat the spread of invasive hybrids and other nuisance species.
- June 25, 2005 - The Northfield Courant Newspaper: Whitmore Lake Quality Shows Marked Improvement: The Whitmore Lake Improvement Project is a three year lake management project coordinated by the Washtenaw County Board of Public Works on behalf of Northfield and Green Oak Townships. The project involves yearly fishery, vegetation and water quality studies. The data obtained from the studies is utilized to determine the types of control measures applied to stop the proliferation invasive species and improve the overall health of the lake.
Special assessment district information
1st Public Hearing Notice and Project Description (pdf): Includes map of the Special Assessment District, Frequently Asked Questions, Project Costs and time and location of the first Public Hearing (April 9, 2012).
2nd Public Hearing Notice: Official notice of May 7, 2012 hearing.
- Property Listing (pdf): View the complete Special Assessment District by property tax identification number. Listing includes the total Amount Assessed against property over five years.
Washtenaw County Office of the Water Resources Commissioner