You are here: Home Government Water Resources Commissioner Permits and Design Standards Drain Use Permit and Fees

Drain Use Permit and Fees

When is a Permit Needed?

Crossing, modifying, discharging to a county drain or any work within a county drain easement requires a permit from the Washtenaw County Water Resources Commissioner.  Please contact the Washtenaw County Water Resources Commissioner's office for a Drain Use Permit Application (734-222-6860) Important: Please include plans and fees with the permit application; see below.  Permits from other agencies may also be necessary. If you are seeking to discharge to a County Drain, you will also need to submit an Affidavit of Pollution Prevention and Environmental Protection.

Plans showing the proposed crossing, modification or discharge must be submitted along with a permit application, applicable permit fee, and review plus inspection fees.


Development Review Fees

Please note that fee schedule was adopted by the Washtenaw County Board of Commissioners

The fees are provided in this document.


Drain Use Permit Application


Document Actions
Google Translate