Freedom of Information Act Overview - FOIA
FOIA requests should be made directly to the department listed below or the county general requests if the department is not listed.
- Washtenaw County General Freedom of Information Act Request Form
- Sheriff Freedom of Information Act Form
- Environmental Health and Building Inspection FOIA Request
FOIA requests to Washtenaw County may be submitted by any of the following means:
EMAIL: foia @ ewashtenaw . org
MAIL: Washtenaw County
ATTN: Judy Kramer, FOIA Coordinator
PO Box 8645
Ann Arbor, MI 48107-8645
Verbal: Verbal requests will be accepted for information that is available on the County’s public website. The response to a verbal request will be informing the requestor of the pertinent website address.
Washtenaw County FOIA Coordinators contact information and direct links:
- General: Judy Kramer (222-6735) FOIA @ ewashtenaw . org
- 220 N. Main Street, PO Box 8645, Ann Arbor, MI 48107-8645
- Sheriff: Heather Sykes (973-4655)
- 2201 Hogback Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Environmental Health: Tonya Harwood (222-3800)
- 705 N. Zeeb Road, PO Box 8645, Ann Arbor, MI 48107-8645
- Prosecuting Attorney: Mark Kniesel (222-6688)
- 200 N. Main Street, PO Box 8645, Ann Arbor, MI 48107-8645
- For the Prosecuting Attorney, email your request and include the name of the defendant/convict and file number.
- Treasurer: Catherine McClary (222-6600)
- 200 N. Main Street, Suite 200, PO Box 8645, Ann Arbor, MI 48107-8645
- Trial Court: Daniel Dwyer (734-222-3057)
- 101 E Huron Street, PO Box 8645, Ann Arbor, MI 48107-8645
- Community Mental Health: Shane Ray (544-3013)
- 555 Towner, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- Retirement Commission
Requests should specify the desired records and include a name, phone number, mailing address and email if available. Additional identifying information may be requested in order to complete a search for the requested records.
“In accordance with MCL 15.232(d)(v), the Judiciary is exempt from FOIA:
(d) “Public body” means any of the following: (v) The judiciary, including the office of the county clerk and employees thereof when acting in the capacity of clerk to the circuit court, is not included in the definition of public body.