Insurance on the Marketplace (Obamacare)
What is the Marketplace:
The Marketplace is a new way to find quality health coverage. It can help if you don't have coverage now or if you have it but want to look at other options. With one Marketplace application, you can learn if you can get lower costs based on your income, compare your coverage options side-by-side, and enroll.
How can I apply (Open enrollment begins November 15, 2014):
- Online at healthcare.gov.
- In person at the Washtenaw Health Plan office. The Washtenaw Health Plan (WHP) will be assisting county residents apply on the Marketplace. Please call 734-544-3030 for an appointment.
- By mail. Downloadable paper applications will be available at healthcare.gov.
What do I need to enroll:
- You will need to know the name, date of birth, and social security number for all members of your household.
- If you are not a citizen, you will need your green card or visa proving lawful residency.
- You will need your 2013 Federal Income Tax returns. If you are claimed as a dependent on your child or parent's taxes, you will need their 2013 Federal Income Tax returns.
- You will need the most recent month of paystubs or proof of income for all members of your household. You will need to provide proof of pension/annuities income or unemployment benefits.
- If you receive Social Security benefits, you will need a copy of your award letter. If you are receiving Social Security Disability, you will need to know when you are become eligible for Medicare. You can contact Social Security at 1-800-772-1213
- If your employer offers insurance, you must complete the Employer Coverage Tool. (click here to download the Employer Coverage Tool).
Information About Other Health Coverage Programs
- Washtenaw County Prescription Plan (WCPP)
- Find low cost or free health care in Michigan (this link will take you offsite to the State of Michigan web site)
- Search for the lowest prices for your prescription drugs (this link will take you offsite to the State of Michigan web site)
Click here for A Guide to Free and Low Cost Health Coverage for information about other resources for the uninsured in Washtenaw County.
For more information, call WHP Member Services toll-free at 1-866-291-8691