Plan B Information
WASHTENAW HEALTH PLAN B IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS
ALL CURRENT WHP MEMBERS SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED A LETTER REGARDING A DECEMBER 31, 2013 CANCEL DATE.
WHP "Plan B" is for Washtenaw County residents who:
- Have a gross household income of up to 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (according to Michigan Medicaid). (For example, for 2013, gross household income must not be more than $22,980 per year for individuals; $31,020 for a family of two; $39,060 for a family of three.) Click here to see the 2013 Poverty Level Chart.
- Do not have any private comprehensive heath insurance.
- Do not have access to affordable health insurance.
- Have a need for ongoing health care and/or a chronic disease (diabetes, asthma, etc.)
- Do not qualify for the Adult Benefit Waiver (ABW; WHP Plan A), Medicaid, MIChild, Medicare, or any other health coverage program, except for Emergency Only Medicaid and Medicaid Spend Down.
Please see our Guide to Free and Low Cost Health Coverage for information about other resources for the uninsured in Washtenaw County.
For more information about WHP Plan B, click here to see the WHP Plan B Member Handbook.
The WHP Plan B Co-Pays for prescription drugs are:
- $5 for Generic Drugs
- $7 for Brand Name Drugs
For more information, call WHP Member Services toll-free at 1-866-291-8691.