Plan A Information
PLAN A/ABW PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED FOR ENROLLMENT
WHP "Plan A" also known as the Adult Medical Program (AMP) is for Washtenaw County residents :
- Age 19 through 64 with no minor children at home;
- With no income or low income:
- $335 a month for a single person (or work income less than $620 gross per month)
- $452 a month for a married couple (or work income less than $750 gross per month);
- U.S. citizens or non-citizen, legal residents in the U.S., usually for at least 5 years; and
- Without private or public insurance such as Blue Cross, full Medicaid, and Medicare;
- Who have less than $3,000 in assents and or savings other than a home and car.
WHP Plan A Covers
- Primary health care from WHP Primary Providers;
- Diagnostic tests such as X-rays, laboratory tests and others;
- Some pre-approved specialty care services;
- Inpatient hospitalization (in Washtenaw County only);
- Emergency Room services for "true emergencies";
- A limited number of prescription drugs (mostly generic drugs);
- Outpatient mental health visits (limited number).
WHP Plan A has more comprehensive health benefits than WHP Plan B such as:
- $1 co-payments for both brand and generic prescription drugs;
- More psychotropic prescription drugs (for mental health conditions);
- Prescription drugs for HIV-AIDS;
- Emergency Room services outside of Washtenaw County for "true emergencies"; and
- Ground ambulance for "true emergencies."
For more information about WHP Plan A, click here to see the WHP Plan A Member Handbook
IMPORTANT: Michigan Department of Human Services AMP (WHP Plan A) WILL OPEN APRIL 1ST - APRIL 30TH 2013.
BE AWARE THAT:
- AMP (WHP Plan A) has more comprehensive health benefits than WHP Plan B.
- When WHP Plan A is open for new enrollment, WHP Plan B members who apply for AMP (WHP Plan A) and do NOT qualify will NOT lose their WHP Plan B coverage.
(updated 5/2/2013 ja)