Information for schools, preschools and childcare centers
The Michigan Public Health Code requires schools, preschools and childcare centers to report student immunization levels and communicable illnesses to their local public health department. Requirements apply to both public and private schools and childcare settings.
Immunization reporting utilizes the Michigan Care Improvement Registry/Schools Immunization Reporting System (MCIR/SIRS). Communicable disease reporting can be completed using email or fax. The information and forms are provided in the packets below.
If you need assistance, please contact Karen Manni, RN, BSN, PHN, School Immunization Liaison, at 734-544-6758 or email@example.com. For other Washtenaw County Public Health services, call 734-544-6700 or contact us.
MCIR/SIRS Immunization Reporting Packets - Fall 2016
Packets for Reporting Personnel - These packets contain information for school and childcare center immunization and disease reporting personnel.
Washtenaw County Public Health related links:
- Communicable Diseases - including disease reporting and fact sheets
- Schools reporting communicable diseases - Washtenaw County Public Health wants to recognize schools and child care centers who have supported the efforts to keep the population of Washtenaw County healthy. This report lists schools and child care centers who have submitted at least one mandated weekly communicable disease report from over the first semester (September to December) of the 2016-2017 school year. Please check back each semester for an updated list.
- Managing Communicable Diseases in Schools - Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Immunization Program - call 734-544-6700 to schedule
- Fact sheet: "When Should a Child Be Kept Home or Sent Home from School for Illness"
- Fact sheet: "School Exclusion during Disease Outbreaks"
- Washtenaw County Health Statistics - including communicable disease and local flu trends, and vaccination rates