Bring us your junk!
The Washtenaw County Solid Waste Program and community partners will be sponsoring an Environmental Clean-Up Day for Washtenaw County residents this fall.
The Clean-Up Day will take place:
- Saturday, October 26, 2013, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Eastern Michigan University’s Rynearson Football Stadium, located at 799 N. Hewitt Rd. in Ypsilanti.
The event is free, but there is a suggested $10 donation per car to help decrease disposal costs and to help maintain this community collection.
This event provides an opportunity for residents to dispose of many unwanted household items in a safe and sustainable manner. Numerous household materials can be brought, including:
- Traditional recyclable materials (plastics, glass, tin, cardboard, paper)
- Scrap metal
- Freon appliances (air conditioners, refrigerators, etc.)
- Household hazardous wastes (cleaning supplies, motor oil, pesticides, mercury, oil-based paints, etc.)
- Yard waste
- Electronic equipment (computers, televisions, toasters, etc.)
- Sharps (diabetic needles, etc.)
Residents may bring up to four tires for free; a $5 donation is suggested for each additional tire. Residents can also bring one television, Freon-containing appliance or computer, but a $10 donation is suggested for each additional item. No household garbage will be accepted at this collection event.
This is a service for Washtenaw County residents only, funded and coordinated by the Washtenaw County Solid Waste Program, Eastern Michigan University, City of Ann Arbor, City of Saline and Superior Township. All Washtenaw County residents are welcome and encouraged to attend. This collection is intended for residential use only – please, no businesses.
For more information, please visit http://recycle.ewashtenaw.org or call the Washtenaw County Solid Waste Program at (734) 222-3827.