"Want to Quit"
Michigan Tobacco Quit Line: Call 1-800-480-QUIT-NOW (1.800-784-8669)
The Michigan Tobacco Quitline is a telephone counseling / coaching program. Intake is from 7a.m. to 1 a.m. EST.
Who is eligible:
- Individuals with no health insurance
- Individuals with a County Health Plan or Medicare
- Individuals completing a brief health assessment and enrolling in quitline
- Individuals are enrolled in telephone coaching
- Individuals will receive printed materials and a QUIT booklet.
- Individuals can receive up to 2 months of free nicotine replacement patches, gum or lozenges.
- Medication will be mailed directly to the caller's home.
Additional resources to help you quit smoking
- Want to Quit Pamphlet: A list of community programs and quit tips.
- Michigan Department of Community Health Tobacco website: Quitting resources, information for health care providers and more.
- Smokefree.gov: Resources for everyone. See bottom of screen for sites in Spanish, for women and teens.
- https://michigan.quitlogix.org. Information and motivational website.
For more information about any of the above programs, contact DeBorah Borden by email or at 734-544-6874.