Quitting tobacco is a process. The first step is the hardest. When you are ready to quit, The Michigan Tobacco Quitline can help you with each step in the quitting process.
What is the QuitLine?
The Michigan Tobacco QuitLine is a FREE service available to Michigan residents. When you enroll, you get special tools, a support team of coaches, research-based information, and a community of others trying to become tobacco free. The expert coaches can talk to you about overcoming common barriers, such as dealing with stress, fighting cravings, coping with irritability, and controlling weight gain.
The free telephone service allows you to speak to a coach in person. Through the telephone program you may be eligible to receive a supply of gum, patches, or lozenges.
Call the Michigan Tobacco Quit Line Today!
- Calls are answered 24/7. If the phones are busy please leave a message and they will call you back.
- Text-messaging is also available.
- Visit the Michigan Tobacco Quitline online services to see success stories and to enroll.
Additional resources to help you quit smoking
- Michigan Department of Community Health Tobacco website: Quitting resources, information for health care providers and more.
- Smokefree.gov: Resources for everyone. See bottom of screen for sites in Spanish, for women and teens.
For more information about any of the above programs, contact Amanda Ng.