"Want to Quit"
Michigan Tobacco Quit Line: Call 1-800-480-QUIT-NOW (1.800-784-8669)
The Michigan Tobacco Quitline is a telephone counseling / coaching program. Intake is from 7a.m. to 1 a.m. EST.
Who is eligible:
- Individuals with no health insurance
- Individuals with a County Health Plan or Medicare
- Individuals completing a brief health assessment and enrolling in quitline
- Individuals are enrolled in telephone coaching
- Individuals will receive printed materials and a QUIT booklet.
- Individuals can receive up to 2 months of free nicotine replacement patches, gum or lozenges.
- Medication will be mailed directly to the caller's home.
Additional resources to help you quit smoking
- Want to Quit Pamphlet: A list of community programs and quit tips.
- Michigan Department of Community Health Tobacco website: Quitting resources, information for health care providers and more.
- Smokefree.gov: Resources for everyone. See bottom of screen for sites in Spanish, for women and teens.
For more information about any of the above programs, contact DeBorah Borden by email or at 734-544-6874.