Community Health Committee
The Community Health Committee (CHC) is HIP's coalition and has included over 200 participants from diverse organizations including health systems, government, schools, community-based organizations, business, neighborhood and faith-based groups, and individual citizens. Anyone is welcome to attend. See presentations and handouts from previous meetings on the right.
May 16, 2016
- Presentation: 1,4-Dioxane Groundwater Plume in Washtenaw County
- Presentation: Flint Water Crisis and the Community Response
- Presentation: Childhood Lead Poisoning
March 8, 2016
- Presentation: Promoting Smoke-Free Environments for Families: Data, Policy and Practice
- Handout: Cigarette Smoking During Pregnancy Washtenaw County, MI 2008-2013
- Handout: Michigan Tobacco Quitline Fact Sheet
- Update from Prevention Michigan: Cigarette Excise Tax Background & Resolution
November 10, 2015
September Community Health Committee (CHC) Meeting
Youth Health in Washtenaw County: How to Support our Future
A panel of youth from Washtenaw County discussed the needs they are seeing in the community, what they are doing to create change, and what we can do to support them.
- Presentation: Youth and HIP: A few selected indicators
- Presentation: Ypsilanti Youth Creating Change (Y2C2)
- Handout: Michigan Profile for Healthy Youth: Washtenaw County data
Join the CHC e-mail list for regular updates!
The Implementation Team is responsible for quality assurance, monitoring health outcomes, interpreting data and information dissemination regarding HIP objectives. Members include representatives from Chelsea Community Hospital, St. Joseph Mercy Health System, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor Center for Independent Living, Washtenaw Health Plan, Ann Arbor YMCA, and Michigan Institute for Clinical and Health Research.
Coordinating Team is responsible for tracking progress of HIP objectives, setting agenda for the CHC meetings and activities, and assuring that the Implementation Team workplan serves larger HIP/CHC goals. Members include leaders from Chelsea Community Hospital, St. Joseph Mercy Health System, University of Michigan Health System, health department, Washtenaw Intermediate School District, and community volunteers.