HIP 2020 Objectives: Environment and Policy
- Increase the proportion of vendors who comply with laws restricting tobacco sales to minors from 62% to 80%.
- Advocate for a statewide law requiring all public spaces be smoke-free.
- Increase the proportion of residents with pedestrian sidewalks, paths, or trails in or near their neighborhood from 78% to 86%.
- Increase the proportion of residents using alternative modes of transportation (not driving alone) on their journey to and from work from 24% to 37%.
- Meet the annual Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) air quality attainment standards for ozone, particulate matter 2.5, and carbon monoxide.
- Increase food security in residents with fair or poor health from 74% to 95%.