2020 Objectives for Healthy Kids
- Increase the proportion of children 10-17 years who attain at least 60 minutes of physical activity five days per week from 58% to 80%.
- Increase consumption of five or more servings of fruits and vegetables per day in children 6-17 years from 13% to 28%.
- Decrease the overweight or obesity rate in low income preschool children from 29% to 20%.
- Decrease the prevalence of asthma in children 2-17 years from 19% to 10%.
- Decrease the chlamydia infection rate in Ypsilanti teenagers 15-19 years from 3,345 per 100,000 to 1,201 per 100,000.
- Increase the proportion of females who have received the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine by age 16 from 0% to 75%.
- Increase the annual influenza vaccination rate in children 6-59 months from 65% to 90%.
- Increase the proportion of children 19-35 months who are fully immunized from 73% to 90%.
Reduce the proportion of high school students who smoked cigarettes during the past month from 5% to 2%.
Reduce the proportion of high school students who had at least one drink of alcohol during the past month from 17% to 10%.
Reduce the proportion of high school students who have used marijuana in the past month from 17% to 8%.
Reduce the proportion of high school students who have ever taken prescription drug such as Oxycontin, Codeine, Percocet, Vicodin or Tylenol III without doctor’s prescription from 5% to 2%.
- Increase the proportion of high school students who could ask their mom or dad for help with personal problems from 78% to 85%.
- Reduce the proportion of middle school students who have ever had suicidal thoughts from 16% to 7%.
- Reduce the substantiated child abuse rate for children under 18 years from 366 per 100,000 to 275 per 100,000.
- Reduce the sexual assault rate in females 19 years or younger from 242 per 100,000 to 121 per 100,000.
- Increase the proportion of low-income females 18-49 years who initiate breastfeeding from 47% to 75%.
- Decrease the mortality rate in Black infants from 16 per 1,000 live births to 5 per 1,000 live births.
- Decrease low birth weight rates in Black infants from 11% to 3% of live births.