WIC (Women, Infants & Children)
WIC is for families with low or moderate incomes. See income guidelines
Call 734-544-6800 to schedule. See hours and locations
WIC food packages provide foods designed to meet the special nutritional needs of low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, non-breastfeeding postpartum women, infants and children up to five years of age who are at nutritional risk.
- Infant and toddler feeding
- Prenatal weight gain
- Anemia or iron deficiency
- Child growth and development and other nutrition related health issues.
To access nutrition education online, go to www.wichealth.org.
High Risk Nutrition Counseling
Registered Dietitians provide individualized high risk nutrition counseling for participants with special medical conditions or nutrition-related health issues.
Health Care Referrals
Referrals for immunizations, substance abuse counseling and treatment, prenatal care, smoking cessation, lead screening, the Healthy Kids/MI Child program and more.
Helps women feel comfortable breastfeeding
Provides tips on how breastfeeding can work around a busy schedule
Promotes the involvement of family, friends and the community to make breastfeeding successful
- Peer counselors provide mother-to-mother support and encouragement
- Breast pumps for WIC moms returning to work or school
Welcome to Washtenaw County WIC! (English)
¡Bienvenido a WIC del Condado de Washtenaw! (Spanish):
- About WIC in Michigan (Michigan Department of Health and Human Services)
- Non-Discrimination Statement (English)
- Aviso de No Discriminación (Spanish)
- Report WIC fraud and abuse