Resources for Community Organizations and Leaders
During an emergency, normal services are often disrupted. Many of us may have difficultly receiving emergency information or responding. Persons with disabilities or medical conditions, seniors, children or persons speaking other languages may experience even greater difficulties. The following resources can help you, your family or your community organization prepare in advance of an emergency.
Resources for Specific Populations
- National Resource Center on Advancing Emergency Preparedness for Culturally Diverse Communities. Searchable resources, translated materials.
- Strengthening the Strengtheners - A Toolkit for Congregations (Montgomery County, MD)
- Checklist: Case Management and Home Care Services (Montgomery County, MD)
- Emergency Response Planning for Child Care Providers (Montgomery County, MD)
- Healthy Roads Media Materials in multiple languages.
Updated, April 2013.