Immunizations are by appointment. Please bring any previous immunization records with you. A parent or legal guardian MUST be present for the entire visit in order for children to receive their immunizations. Please call 734-544-6700 to schedule.
Our vision is a healthy community in which every resident enjoys the best possible state of health and well-being. One of the ways we do this is by promoting and facilitating immunization of children and adults against vaccine preventable disease.
Immunization Program at Washtenaw County Public Health
All vaccinations are done by appointment. Please call 734-544-6700 to schedule.
Parents or guardians opting out of the vaccinations required for their child or children to attend childcare or school, must request a waiver from their local public health department. Waivers are ONLY required for children in licensed childcare programs, preschool, kindergarten, 7th grade or new to a school district. Call 734-544-6700 to schedule.
If you work with a school, preschool or childcare center, please visit our School Health page for reporting information and helpful links.
Washtenaw County Public Health and the Washtenaw Immunization Action Coalition created a series of printable information sheets on vaccine preventable diseases.
Washtenaw County Public Health does not provide travel immunizations. A list of other local resources is provided.
Vaccine Coverage in Levels in Washtenaw County
Reliable Sources of Vaccine Information
- The Alliance for Immunization in Michigan (AIM) provides vaccine schedules and information on a variety of topics, including vaccine safety
- The Vaccines and Immunizations main page from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides basic information and covers multiple topics, including vaccine schedules for all ages and vaccine safety
- Vaccine Information Sheets are produced by CDC. Each sheet informs the vaccine recipient (or the recipient's parents or guardians) about the benefits and risks of a given vaccine
- The Vaccine Education Center at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia provides complete, up-to-date and reliable information for parents and health professionals
- The Immunization Action Coalition creates and distributes reliable immunization information for parents and health professionals
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Immunization Program provides vaccine information for the public and for health professionals