Who should report?
- Physicians, labs, infection control practitioners, schools, child care centers, and other care providers
Which diseases are reportable?
- List of diseases that physicians and labs must report (2 pages)
Michigan's Communicable Disease Rules (14 pages)
Disease Reporting Forms
All diseases (except HIV/AIDS): Disease Reporting Form. Print out and fax to our confidential line at (734) 544-6706
Animal Bite/Exposure Reporting Form fax to (734) 544-6706.
School Report Forms
- Weekly School reporting form for communicable diseases. Form can be filled out and emailed or faxed.
- Chickenpox (Varicella) reporting form
- List of illnesses commonly found in school and childcare settings, symptoms and school re-entry guidelines
Foodborne Illness Reporting
If you believe you have gotten sick from food you ate at a grocery store or restaurant in Washtenaw County, please go to the Environmental Health site for information on how to report.
HIPAA Guidance Regarding Disease Reporting
Communicable disease reporting is exempt from HIPAA regulations. Health care providers do not need patient consent to report diseases to the Health Department. Click here for more information.