Adult Health and HIV/STD Testing
Sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing and treatment, HIV testing and counseling, PrEP, pregnancy testing, vaccinations and more. Please call 734-544-6840.
Find us on Facebook!
We now offer PrEP - a prevention option for people at high risk of getting HIV.
Washtenaw County Public Health
555 Towner Street, Suite 1103
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
Confidential Fax: 734-544-6707
By Appointment: Please call Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm to schedule an appointment. Evening appointments available.
Walk-in Hours: HIV/STD testing on Thursdays from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Pregnancy testing on Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 11:45 and 1:00 - 4:00 pm.
- STD screening, testing and treatment. Results available in 7 to 10 days or sooner.
- STD testing is available to anyone 13 years and older without parental consent. For children under age 13, please call for individual assessment.
- Express testing for gonorrhea and chlamydia. No appointment needed and you don't see a provider. Just stop in and give a urine or vaginal sample.
- Free HIV testing. Rapid HIV testing provides results in 20 minutes. Anonymous HIV testing available.
- Hepatitis B and C testing.
- Vaccinations: Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and human papillomavirus or HPV.
- PrEP or pre-exposure prophylaxis, a prevention option for people at high risk of getting HIV.
- Free condoms.
- Free pregnancy testing.
- Birth control counseling and some birth control options.
- Pap smears for women with Medicaid.
- Education and outreach.
- Court-ordered testing.
Know your status. Get tested. Call 734-544-6840.
Your Appointment and Fees
Bring your photo identification, insurance card and your Social Security number to your first appointment. If you request anonymous HIV testing, identification is not required.
If you have Medicaid, bring your card. Washtenaw County Public Health will bill Medicaid directly.
No insurance? We can help you apply. Without insurance, there is $40 minimum charge for the office visit. If you need help paying for services, please let us know. Bring proof of your income (your last two pay stubs or tax information).
Currently, we cannot bill private insurance. We accept cash, checks or Visa and Mastercard.
|Chlamydia, Gonorrhea testing||Under 30 years, free
31 years and older $77.08
|Other STD testing||$69-$93, plus procedure and lab fees|
|Vaccines||$15 per vaccine, plus the cost of the vaccine|
Test Results and Treatment
Test results are available in 7 to 10 days and often sooner. Our staff will review your results with you (positive or negative).
If you test positive for an STD, treatment is available. Many STDs can be treated with antibiotics. If you test positive for HIV, we will help you connect to local resources for appropriate care and support.
- Tell your sex partner(s) that you have tested positive. If you need assistance with partner notification, Washtenaw County Public Health can help. Partner notification is done to connect individuals to testing and treatment, to provide accurate information about any potential infections and to prevent additional transmission. Confidentially is maintained.
- If you have to take medication, be sure to take all of it.
- If you are dealing with an ongoing infection like HIV, treatment and support services are available. See Resources for People Living with HIV for local options.
- For more information, see Your HIV Test Results.
Partner notification services are available to help individuals diagnosed with HIV or other sexually transmitted diseases provide information to their partner or partners. When someone is diagnosed with HIV or another sexually transmitted disease (STD), their sexual partner or partners also need accurate information, testing and support.
HIV and STD Testing in Washtenaw County
In addition to Washtenaw County Public Health, other local HIV and STD testing providers include Planned Parenthood, the HIV/AIDS Resource Center (HARC) and the Corner Health Center. Many primary health care providers and women's health care providers (OB/GYN) also offer testing and treatment. Please see our HIV and STD Testing in Washtenaw County.
Community Outreach and Education
Washtenaw County Public Health provides HIV and STD education and testing in community locations and in conjunction with other local providers.
For more information or to schedule a presentation for your community group, contact Heather Wolf at 734-544-3063.
If you have questions about HIV, STDs and testing, here are some helpful links:
Local Information and Resources
- Disease reporting information for health care providers
- Resources for People Living with HIV
- HIV and STD Fact Sheets from Washtenaw County Public Health
- HIV/STD Statistics in Washtenaw County
In 2013 in Washtenaw County, new HIV cases were young (73% under age 30) and black (55%).
- HIV/AIDS Basics from AIDS.gov
- STD Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Social Health Association (STD info)
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS)
- Washtenaw County Herpes Support Group
New HIV cases hit a 15 year high in 2013 in Washtenaw County.