Sexual Health Services
Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment, HIV testing and counseling, PrEP, pregnancy testing, vaccinations and more. Please call 734-544-6840.
Find us on Facebook! NEW: For youth - what to expect at your first sexual health exam
We now offer PrEP - a prevention option for people at high risk of getting HIV
Washtenaw County Public Health
555 Towner Street, Suite 1103
Ypsilanti, MI 48198
Confidential Fax: 734-544-6707
By Appointment: Please call Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm to schedule an appointment. Evening appointments available.
Walk-in Hours: HIV/STI testing on Thursdays from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm, first come first serve until capacity. Pregnancy testing on Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 11:45 and 1:00 - 4:00 pm.
Please do NOT bring your children to your appointment. If you bring them, we may need to reschedule your appointment
** THERE WILL BE NO WALK INS ON 3/30/2017
- STI screening, testing and treatment. Results available in 7 to 10 days or sooner.
- STI testing is available to anyone 13 years and older without parental consent. For children under age 13, please call for individual assessment.
- Free HIV testing. Rapid HIV testing provides results in 20 minutes. Anonymous HIV testing available.
- Hepatitis B and C testing.
- Vaccinations: Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and human papillomavirus or HPV.
- PrEP or pre-exposure prophylaxis, a prevention option for people at high risk of getting HIV.
- Free condoms.
- Free pregnancy testing.
- Birth control counseling and some birth control options.
- Pap smears for women with Medicaid.
- Education and outreach.
- Court-ordered testing.
First exam? See our materials for teens and young adults to help answer your questions.
Your Appointment and Fees
Bring your photo identification, insurance card and your Social Security number to your first appointment. If you request anonymous HIV testing, identification is not required.
If you have Medicaid, bring your card. Washtenaw County Public Health will bill Medicaid directly.
No insurance? We can help you apply. Without insurance, there is $40 minimum charge for the office visit. If you need help paying for services, please let us know. Bring proof of your income (your last two pay stubs or tax information).
Currently, we cannot bill private insurance. We accept cash, checks or Visa and Mastercard.
|Chlamydia, Gonorrhea testing||Under 30 years, free
31 years and older $77.08
|Other STI testing||$69-$93, plus procedure and lab fees|
|Vaccines||$15 per vaccine, plus the cost of the vaccine|
Test Results and Treatment
Test results are available in 7 to 10 days and often sooner. Our staff will review your results with you (positive or negative).
If you test positive for an STI, treatment is available. Many STIs can be treated with antibiotics. If you test positive for HIV, we will help you connect to local resources for appropriate care and support.
- Tell your sex partner(s) that you have tested positive. If you need assistance with partner notification, Washtenaw County Public Health can help. Partner notification is done to connect individuals to testing and treatment, to provide accurate information about any potential infections and to prevent additional transmission. Confidentially is maintained.
- If you have to take medication, be sure to take all of it.
- If you are dealing with an ongoing infection like HIV, treatment and support services are available. See Resources for People Living with HIV for local options.
- If this is your first exam, see "For youth - what to expect at your first sexual health exam."
- See also Your HIV Test Results.
Partner notification services are available to help individuals diagnosed with HIV or other sexually transmitted diseases provide information to their partner or partners. When someone is diagnosed with HIV or another sexually transmitted disease (STD), their sexual partner or partners also need accurate information, testing and support.
To request partner notification for STIs contact Katie Keppen at email@example.com or 734-544-6765. For HIV, please contact Heather Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-544-3063. For more information, please see our Partner Notification page.
HIV and STI Testing in Washtenaw County
In addition to Washtenaw County Public Health, other local HIV and STI testing providers include Planned Parenthood, Unified (formerly the HIV/AIDS Resource Center (HARC)) and the Corner Health Center. Many primary health care providers and women's health care providers (OB/GYN) also offer testing and treatment. Please see our HIV and STI Testing in Washtenaw County.
Community Outreach and Education
Washtenaw County Public Health provides HIV and STI education and testing in community locations and in conjunction with other local providers.
For more information or to schedule a presentation for your community group, contact Heather Wolf at 734-544-3063.
If you have questions about HIV, STIs and testing, here are some helpful links:
Local Information and Resources
- Disease reporting information for health care providers
- Resources for People Living with HIV
- HIV and STI Fact Sheets from Washtenaw County Public Health
- HIV/STI Statistics in Washtenaw County