You are here: Home Government Departments Project Outreach Housing


The following is a compiled list of available housing in Ann Arbor. Please contact them for more up to date details.

Housing Access for Washtenaw County (HAWC)

If you are experiencing a housing crisis, please call:
(734) 961-1999



HAWC is Washtenaw County’s central intake for individuals and families who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness.  The central intake is the single point of entry for all emergency shelters and housing resources that are available to serve people experiencing homelessness in the county.  Residents of Washtenaw County may call HAWC for housing assistance, information and/or referral.  Please note: there is a severe shortage of housing resources in Washtenaw County and HAWC is not able to help all people who are experiencing a housing crisis.


HAWC Call Center and Walk-in Hours are updated and available on the HAWC website.


Washtenaw County Resources

All of the resources below are accessed through HAWC. If you are in need of emergency shelter or are facing a housing crisis, please contact HAWC at the number above.


Delonis Center
Offers emergency housing for both male and female homeless. 90 days maximum stay. Variety of services and referrals to help homeless get back on their feet.  


312 West Huron
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(734) 662-2829


Interfaith Hospitality Network
Provides temporary shelter, food and support services in a caring atmosphere of dignity and safety.   The goal at IHN is to support the families in securing and maintaining their own home.

4290 Jackson Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(734) 822-0220


Ozone House
Provides emergency shelters and other needs to homeless teens or young people in serious conflict with their families.

1705 Washtenaw Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(734) 662-2265 or (734) 662-2222 (24 Hour Crisis Line)

102 N. Hamilton
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
(734) 485-2222


Safe House
SAFE House provides services for any person victimized in an intimate relationship who lives or works in Washtenaw County, Michigan.

(734) 995-5444


SOS Community Services
The Housing Crisis Services Team provides information and referral services, short-term crisis counseling, limited financial assistance  when available, and coordination of services with other agencies for families who are experiencing housing difficulties.

Walk-In Hours:

Mon, Thurs, Fri.: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.,  Tues.: 9a.m. - 6:30pm,  Wed.: 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.


114 N. River Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
(734) 961-1999

Staples Family Center
Provides a 90 day program to single individual and families in order to help them become independent and assists with mainly with housing arrangement, in addition to employment and other related matters.

3660 Packard
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
(734) 761-7750

Other Resources/Subsidized Housing

Avalon Housing
Develops and manages permanent affordable housing for people who are homeless and for people with very low incomes.

1327 Jones Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
(734) 663-5858


Ann Arbor Housing Commission
Federally subsidized housing provides affordable housing to "low income" people with rent typically set at about 1/3 of an individuals income. Please check out their web site for more details. Wait list may be extensive.

727 Miller Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(734) 794-6720


Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley
Works to provide safe, decent, affordable homeownership options to Washtenaw County families. Applications can be found online at or by calling our office. 

170 Aprill Dr. 
Suite A
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(734) 677-1558


Ypsilanti Housing Commission
Public Housing  for the city of Ypsilanti.

601 Armstrong
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
(734) 482-4300

Document Actions
Google Translate