The Project Outreach Team (PORT) is an intensive community outreach team that consists of two distinctive integrated teams. The Homeless Project Outreach Team (HPORT) serves the homeless, mentally ill population in Washtenaw County. The Justice Project Outreach Team (JPORT) serves individuals who are involved with the justice system and need mental health assistance.
A key service PORT provides is ongoing psychiatric services, including assessments, consultation, and medication management to individuals who are homeless and those in the justice system who need mental health assistance.
Not expecting clients to come to us, PORT makes a commitment to meet the client where he or she is both physically, psychologically and socially. Positive engagement is the most important aspect of PORT's approach.
Some of the services offered by PORT include:
- Housing Location-Assistance with Obtaining and Maintaining Housing
- Individual, Holistic Support Planning
- Integrated Psychiatric Services
- Crisis Management
- Community Based Advocacy
- Ongoing Case Management Services and help to Build Natural Supports in the Community
- Medical Assistance and help with Medical Appointments
- Referrals & Assistance with Various Community Supports and Services Including Mental Health Services
- Assistance with Obtaining & Maintaining Benefits/Entitlements & Insurance
- Assistance with Daily Organizing and Planning/Social Activities to Support Recovery
- Transportation Assistance
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Services
- Co-occurring Education & Treatment Including Advocacy and Groups