Washtenaw Wind Project Resources
Skip to resources from: Washtenaw County, Outside Groups, Informational Material, Model Wind Energy Ordinances, Sample Wind Energy Ordinances
- Site Selection Report (PDF; See also: Site Selection Report Figures and Appendices)
- Information Pamphlet
- Washtenaw County Board of Commissioners Resolution
- University of Michigan Department of Aerospace, Oceanic and Space Sciences
- City of Ann Arbor Energy Office
- Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association
- Michigan State Energy Office
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Michigan Wind Working Group
- MSU Extension brochure "Michigan Land Use Guidelines for Siting Wind Turbines"
- Michigan Tall Structures Act, PA 259 of 1959
- Annual Report on Wind Power Installation, Cost and Performance Trends: 2006. Wiser, Ryan and Mark Boliinger. U.S. DOE.
- Michigan Siting Guidelines for Energy Systems
- Proceedings of the Wind Energy and Birds/Bats Workshop: Understanding and Resolving Bird and Bat Impacts. Washington, DC. May 18-19, 2004. Prepared by RESOLVE, Inc., Washington, D.C., Susan Savitt Schwartz, ed. September 2004.
- Wind Turbine Development: Location of Manufacturing Jobs. Sterzenger, George and Matt Svrcek. Renewable Energy Policy Project. 2004.
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) report "Wind Energy: Model Ordinance Options" is part of the NYSERDA "Wind Energy Toolkit"
Model Wind Energy Ordinances
Model Wind Energy Ordinance for communities within Washtenaw County, based off of the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth's (DLEG) Siting Guidelines
Model Wind Energy Ordinance as permitted by right use, from the Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association's County Wind Energy Planning Project in cooperation with Manistee County, MI.
Safety and Setbacks Model Wind Energy Ordinance for large scale wind energy systems
Model Wind Energy Ordinance as zoning overlay
Small Wind Energy Systems Ordinance from the Wisconsin Focus on Energy Program
Sample Wind Energy Ordinances
Otsego County, MI allows wind generation towers as a special use.
Bridgehampton Township, Sanilac County, MI allows wind energy through a zoning overlay district.
Huron County, MI created a wind energy facility zoning overlay district. In addition, the County amended the zoning regulations in agricultural districts to permit wind energy facilities by right.