Swift Run Dog Park
Your dog must be registered to use this park
About the Park
The Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation Commission welcomes area dog owners and their pets to visit the new Swift Run Dog Park. The park is a collaborative park project between the Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation Commission and the City of Ann Arbor Parks and Recreation Services. The park is an outdoor space established for dog owners to allow their dogs to legally run free off-leash. All users are advised that this dog park is an unsupervised recreational area and users of this facility do so at their own risk.
Dog Park Amenities
- 10 acre grassy field area with 5' high perimeter fencing
- large and small dog run areas
- 30-car gravel parking lot (entrance off Platt Road)
- double entry/exit control gates (wheel chair accessible)
- mowed trail, landscaping and site benches
- on site portable toilet and nearby, off site, flush-restrooms (Southeast Area Park-City of Ann Arbor)
- trash receptacles and dog waste disposal stations
- posted rules, signage and information kiosk
- NOTE: water is not available, please bring your own non-glass water containers to the park
Swift Run Dog Park is open daily year-round between dawn and dusk unless otherwise posted. Park may be closed in extremely wet conditions or for regular or posted maintenance periods. The park is typically closed for maintenance every Monday morning between 8:30-11:30 am and on Friday afternoon between 12:30-3:00 pm.
Location and Directions to the Park
The Swift Run Dog Park is conveniently located in southeastern Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County. The park is bounded on the north by Ellsworth Road and on the east by Platt Road. Parking is located off of Platt on the west side of the road.
Before You Go to the Park
- have your dog licensed
- register and purchase a required annual dog park use permit
- learn the rules and etiquette of the exercise area
An annual permit tag is required to be worn by all dogs inside the dog park. The permitting process is intended to help provide a safe environment for users and their pets.
Park Rules and Etiquette
Rules and regulations have been established to help make Swift Run Dog Park a safe environment for users and their pets. As part of the registration process, dog owners must sign an agreement to comply with established rules for use of the dog park. A dog owner who fails to comply with the posted rules may be asked to leave the dog park and may have their membership revoked. Park users are further asked to observe proper etiquette to help make the dog park a safe and enjoyable place for everyone.
Dog Park Questions and Answers
To help address public questions concerning the Swift Run Dog Park, a list of answers to frequently asked questions has been compiled. For additional information regarding the park please call the City of Ann Arbor at 734-994-2780 or email Washtenaw County Parks at email@example.com.
There are none currently scheduled. Future activities will be posted.
ENJOY YOUR VISIT!
Remember: Dogs must be on a leash outside the fenced dogpark.