Located on the banks of the River Raisin in southwestern Washtenaw County, Sharon Mills County Park offers the opportunity to visit a significant historic site in a beautiful natural setting. Prior to its acquisition by the Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation Commission in 1999, Sharon Mills was most recently used to house a winery. The mill was originally constructed in 1835. It was purchased and then restored by Henry Ford in the 1930's. Sharon Mills is listed on the State of Michigan Register of Historic Places. Click here for additional history.
Along with the Mill structure, the site includes extensive interpretive signage, as well as fishing, picnicking and canoeing opportunities. Interpretive programs are conducted at the park, discussing both the history and ecology of the site.
Sharon Mills County Park can be reserved for weddings and other private events. Reservations, handled through an arrangement with the local catering firm of Food Art Catered Affairs, Inc., provide a variety of rental options:
The Pavilion may be rented for $100.00.
The Mill Building may be rented for $350.00.
For Exclusive use of the Entire Park, the fee is $800.00.
For facility rental information, please contact the Sharon Mills County Park Events reservation line at (734) 222-9098.
News Note! In January of 2004, Sharon Mills County Park received a facility Design Award from the Michigan Recreation and Park Association. The award was presented to the Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation Commission, along with the consultants for the project: Cooper Design, Inc. and Beckett and Raeder, Inc.