NAPP Committee Meeting Information
Natural Areas Ordinance No. 128 established citizens groups to advise the Parks & Recreation Commission.
The Natural Areas Technical Advisory Committee (NATAC), is comprised of County residents with expertise in land trust/conservation, wildlife management, environmental education, real estate/development, land use planning, botany/forestry and fisheries/aquatic ecology. Members were appointed to NATAC in the summer of 2001 and have been meeting regularly since September of that year.
NATAC has adopted the following major objectives:
- Recommend properties for acquisition
- Provide technical information relevant to management and long-term protection of potential acquisitions
- Suggest opportunities to collaborate with local, state and federal government agencies and non-government organizations, as appropriate
The Agricultural Lands Preservation Advisory Committee (ALPAC), helps review nominations for natural areas with active farm land. It is the goal of the Agricultural Lands Preservation Advisory Committee to preserve Washtenaw County's farming economy by identifying those parcels of land that, through permanent preservation will contribute to:
- Preservation of working farms, particularly those including prime and unique soils
- Preservation of working farms that support the ecological integrity of wildlife habitat or important natural habitats
- Complement the existing network of publicly and privately preserved lands
- Maximize the public benefit