Policies & FAQs
FITNESS CLASS REGISTRATION & POLICIES
• Classes and instructors may change without notice. For the daily class schedule, updated only to announce class cancellations, please call the Group Fitness Hotline (734) 971-6355 x5 and select from the daily extensions.
• All program participants MUST check in for classes at the front desk
• Minimum age to participate in any fitness class is 13 years old.
• Facility Use: Class participants are reminded that if they come early or stay after class, they are not entitled to use the track or other facilities unless a daily all-facility pass fee has been paid or they possess an all-facility user pass. Classes are not exchangeable for facility passes.
INSTRUCTIONAL SWIM REGISTRATION & POLICIES
• Children who are not potty trained must wear swim diapers with training pants and swimsuit.
• No make-ups will be scheduled for missed instructional swim classes.
• If a class or activity is canceled because of weather conditions, mechanical failure, or other unexpected problems, an effort will be made to schedule a make-up.
CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES
The Parks and Recreation Commission reserves the right to cancel any programs due to insufficient enrollment (less than 10 participants on a regular basis). If a class or activity is canceled because of weather conditions, mechanical failure, or other unexpected problems, an effort will be made to schedule a make-up.
Please Note: There will be no classes on days that the Recreation Center is closed.
Haven't found what you're looking for? Browse through our list of commonly asked questions:
Can I get a refund on a pass if I'm moving or join another gym?
Passes are non-refundable.
Do you offer any type of scholarships?
The only scholarships currently offered are for Day Camp participants.
Do you offer group discounts for companies?
Our annual pass fees are the most affordable in the area. We don't discount them.
Do you rent out the gym or pool?
We recommend Ann Arbor Rec & Ed (734/994-2230) for gym or pool rental opportunities. We do have a party space available for birthday parties.
Do I need a membership in order to take classes?
Class participants are not required to purchase a membership. Participation in classes and other programs are sold separately.
Are fitness class participants allowed to use other parts of the building before or after class?
Facility passes and classes are sold separately. Class participants are expected to purchase some type of facility pass to use the other amenities.
Do you rent lockers?
Our lockers are available for daily use ($0.25/use).
Do you have towels available?
Each patron will need to bring their own towel.