Welcome to Camp - Camper Information
WELCOME TO SUMMER DAY CAMP AT INDEPENDENCE LAKE PARK!
We look forward to having your child at camp this summer! This web page has all the information you'll need to prepare for attending camp. If you haven't found the information you're looking for, please see the contact information below.
Emergency Form - This form must be completed in full and turned in on your child's first day of camp. One form per child.
Drop Off/Pick Up - Camp Begins at 9:15 a.m. and ends at 4:15 p.m. If you need to bring your child prior to 9:15 a.m. or pick him/her up after 4:15 p.m., you must pre-register and pay for pre-camp and/or post-camp. If your child is picked up after 4:30pm and not enrolled in post-care, you will be billed for post-care for that day. If you are registered for post-camp, a $1/minute late fee will be applied to your bill if your child is not picked up by 5:15pm.
As you enter Independence Lake, please stop at the gatehouse and inform the staff member you are dropping off/picking up for day camp. Continue to the parking lot furthest away from the park entrance. Camp will meet at the Beach Center building at the top of the hill. Please do not bring your car up the paved path to the beach center, but park in the parking lot and walk up instead.
We record each camper’s arrival and departure each day and verify the identity of who picked them up. When picking up any child you will be asked to show identification to ensure the safety of each child at camp. We appreciate your cooperation with this procedure.
What to bring to Camp:
- A backpack or small duffel bag to carry items
- Reusable water bottle - we drink water all day!
- Swimsuit and towel
- SUNSCREEN is a must since we are often outdoors, and safety is a main concern!
- Insect Repellent
- Sack lunch, a drink and snacks. All food items will remain in the child's personal backpack
- Sweatshirt or windbreaker for those occasional cool, windy days
- Campers should wear tennis shoes for walking at all times. Flip flop/sandals are only to be worn at the spray play or beach.
- Bug Spray
**Please label items with your child's name.
What not to bring to camp:
- Toys- if they will be a distraction for your child during our camp activities, we ask that you not bring them.
- Money- We only allow campers to bring money if they have a list from their parents stating what they can purchase from the park's concession stand (so they aren't just buying a bunch of candy!). We ask that you put the money and the list in a small sealable sandwich bag with your child's name on it and give it to a counselor when you drop off your child.
Independence Lake and WCPARC will NOT be held responsible for damaged/lost/stolen goods!
What to wear
-Footwear- Tennis shoes or walking shoes must be worn every day. Flip-flops and open toe sandals are not appropriate for nature walks or active games, but are okay for the time we spend on the beach. Shoes will be worn at all times except during swimming, where flip-flops or water shoes are acceptable. Failure to wear proper footwear may result in sitting out of certain activities.
-Clothing: Comfortable clothing that can get dirty is recommended daily. Additionally, a sweatshirt or light jacket is recommended for windy/chilly days. If there is a Fun-Friday theme, campers are encouraged to dress up according to the funky theme!
Lunch - Campers will not have access to a refrigerator or microwave. We encourage campers to bring waste-free lunches and snacks. A waste-free lunch is one where every item or wrapper can be eaten, reused, or recycled.
Inclement Weather - In the event of a Tornado Warning for the Independence Lake County Park area (Washtenaw County), parents should come pick their child up from camp immediately.
Camp T-shirt - Each camper will receive a camp T-shirt on Monday morning. We ask the children to wear this camp shirt each day. This helps counselors easily recognize the children they are responsible for.
Before camp starts please contact: Sarah Walls at email@example.com or call (734)449-4437 x 201
Once day camp begins please contact the Camp Director information TBA