Gardens & Landscapes
Landscapes & Gardens of Washtenaw County Parks
Washtenaw County Parks and Preserves are renowned for their unique and scenic natural landscapes.
We encourage visitors to make frequent seasonal "horticultural" forays to study interesting and diverse flora in a wide variety of ecosystems and habitat; and to delight in the ever changing "designed" displays of flowers, grasses, shrubs, and trees (both ornamental and native) throughout the park gardens.
- Parker Mill - Native plant demonstration gardens and green roof pavilion
- Independence Lake - A mixture of "close native" and native grasses and forbs
- Pierce Lake Golf Course & Park - New and variable rock garden plantings
- Rolling Hills Park - Lush, colorful ornamental & native landscaping
- Sharon Mills - "Old-fashioned" landscaping gardens; heirloom Iris display
- County Farm Park - A variety of small & large gardens and landscape areas including a perennial garden and Project Grow gardens
To learn more about the many ecological and horticultural features in all our Washtenaw County Parks and Preserves, plant identification lists, brochures, demonstrations and educational programs are available.
The County Farm Park perennial garden has plant ID signs on site, and there are interpretative signs at Sharon Mills, Parker Mill, and Independence Lake.
Find out how you and your family might get involved with Natural Areas Stewardship and Garden Touring, contact the Park Horticulturist. at (734) 971-6337.