Located at 4650 Geddes Road, in Ann Arbor Township, Parker Mill County Park, together with the City of Ann Arbor's Forest Park, is a 45-acre tract of mostly wooded land that encompasses the tail end of Fleming Creek, including the mouth of the creek, where it joins the Huron River.
Parker Grist Mill: Built in 1873, Parker Mill is one of the historic treasures in Washtenaw County. The grist mill is operable and contains original milling machinery left inside the mill when the Parker family ceased operation in 1958. The mill is open for public tours on Sundays in the fall, and group tours are available by appointment May through October.
Parker Cider Mill: Built in 1887, the building was originally used as a cider mill. Today, the building houses old equipment and interpretive signs; no cider pressing equipment remains.
Information Pavilion: The pavilion has interpretive display panels, maps, rest rooms, picnic tables, and a drinking fountain. Drinking fountain and bathrooms open May through October only.
Fishing: There is limited fishing available at Parker Mill County Park.
The Hoyt G. Post Trail: A one mile-long, handicap accessible boardwalk accesses five natural/interpretive areas along Fleming Creek and near the Huron River. This trail is a flat walkway with wide side curbs to keep wheelchairs and walkers on the boardwalk. This trail was constructed with a donation made by the late John C. Post, and Thelma B. Post, in honor of John's brother, Hoyt Garrod, a man who immensely enjoyed the Huron River while attending the University of Michigan. Hoyt G. Post returned to Ann Arbor on many occasions and enjoyed hiking and canoeing along the Huron River.
Walkers, wheelchairs, strollers are welcome. The trail is available year-round, but is only be accessible to walkers during inclement/snowy weather. During the winter months, park accessibility is made through the Dixboro Road parking lot entrance. Guided nature walks along the boardwalk are available by appointment.
Helen and Norris Post Legacy Trail and Green Roof Pavilion: In 2009, the trail and pavilion opened to the public. Completed partially with the remaining funds from the original donation from John C. Post, the trail and pavilion allow guests to retreat into nature, north of Geddes Road. The .25 mile nature trail roughly outlines the gristmill’s former millpond. Dogs are not allowed on this trail.
A green roof pavilion elegantly blends with the natural setting of the park. The wood and limestone pavilion is vegetated with native plants and grasses, and features inlaid etchings of drawings by Norris Post.
Paved Path: Connects Parker Mill County Park to the City of Ann Arbor's Gallup Park. This scenic route crosses the Huron River, and is appropriate for use by bikers and joggers/runners. This path is open year-round, but accessibility during winter is best made from the Dixboro Road parking lot.
Park Hours: 8 AM to dusk (May through October)
Address: 4650 Geddes