How to Enroll

Is my Child Eligible?

  • All children in Washtenaw County are eligible according to age and income eligibility
  • Income eligibility may be waived for children with special needs or disabilities

  • Children in foster care are eligible regardless of income of biological or custodial parent

  • Children must be 3 or 4 years of age on or before December 1st of the beginning of the program year

What do I Need to Enroll my Child into the Head Start Program?

  • Copy of your child's birth certificate (A copy can be ordered online at VitalCheck)

  • Current record of your child's physical examination (A completed examination signed and dated by a physician is REQUIRED for participation in Head Start including annual TB tests and hemoglobin scrrenings)

  • Child's up-to-date Immunization Record

  • Current record of your child's dental examination (Including follow-up visits every six months)

  • Proof of residency (driver license or I.D./utility bills from previous month/copy of lease agreement)

  • Proof of income (W-2 from the previous year/Form 1040 from the previous year/FIA eligibility notice or letter from FIA/ Letter from employer)

Where do I go to Enroll my Eligible Child?

See Head Start locations.

Document Actions
Google Translate