Drinking Water Wells
Drilling a Well in Washtenaw County:
- Obtaining a Well and/or Sewage Permit
- eConnect - Check the status of your permits online. You may not apply for well & septic permits online - print a paper application from the Applications, Forms & Fees page and submit to our office.
Well & Septic Records - Look up a history of permits issued and inspections performed for properties in Washtenaw County!
- Mimimum Isolation Distances for Well & Sewage Systems
- Applications, Forms & Fees
- "Time of Sale" Program
Regulations & Guidelines:
Arsenic in Residential Drinking Water Supplies - March 2010 Presentation to the Michigan Environmental Health Association
In Small Doses: Arsenic - A ten minute movie about the risks associated with exposure to potentially harmful amounts of arsenic in private well water.
- Arsenic in Well Water in Washtenaw County
- Arsenic in Well Water
- Coliform Bacteria Fact Sheet
- Insects in Your Water Well
For More Information:
- Your Area Sanitarian (based on your Township)
- Washtenaw County Environmental Health Division - (734) 222-3800
- Michigan Environmental Mapper - Online records of environmental contamination sites in Michigan
- Michigan Groundwater Mapping Project - Online interactive map viewer and groundwater information database
- Water Well Viewer - Online records of Michigan wells
- Drinking Water Information - Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
- Private Well Information - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Interactive Well Diagram - Interactive web page showing the components of drinking water wells