Recycling, Home Toxics & Solid Waste
Topics of Interest
- Upcoming County Clean Up Day:
- Saturday, October 15, 2016
EMU's Rynearson Stadium
799 N. Hewitt Rd., Ypsilanti
- Plastic Carryout Bags: Learn the facts about how single-use check-out bags are affecting the Washtenaw County community.
- NEW! Environmental Excellence Partnership Program, E2P2: Washtenaw County's Waste Knot Program has merged with the Community Partners for Clean Streams, in partnership with the County's Pollution Prevention program to create the umbrella organization of Environmental Excellence Partnership Program, E2P2, a robust network of 400+ environmental business leaders!
- NEW! Zero Waste Washtenaw: Washtenaw County seeks 2016-17 partnership with public and private events to offer Zero Waste resources, including composting and recycling: www.ZeroWasteWashtenaw.com
- Clean Sweep Program: Provides FREE pesticide disposal for businesses and residents. Follow the link to learn about the program, what is accepted, and how to make an appointment.
- Issues of the Environment Radio Show: Airs every Wednesday morning at 6:50am and 8:50am on WEMU's 89.1 FM. Tune in each week to hear about environmental issues, programs and news impacting our community!
Waste Knot Program: A collection of businesses, schools, government agencies and non-profit organizations committed to reducing waste and protecting our environment!
Michigan Green Schools Project: Is your school a "green" school? For more information on this great project or to get an application, contact Jeff Krcmarik from the Washtenaw County Environmental Health Division.
Western Washtenaw Recycling Authority: WWRA is a non-profit program that implements residential recycling programs in the Townships of Dexter, Lyndon, Manchester, Lima and the City of Chelsea. The townships are served by convenient drop-off centers, while the City of Chelsea has weekly Curbside Recycling pick up.
By the Numbers: Review our 2014 Solid Waste Program Report and the 2015 Chelsea and Northfield Township Clean-Up Days Report to see the impact our programs have had in the community!