Shrink-Wrap & Greenhouse Film Recycling Program
Includes all HDPE #2 and LDPE #4 plastics!
The Washtenaw County Solid Waste Program and Michigan Sea Grant are working with local businesses and residents to recycle high- and low- density polyethylene, or #2 and #4 plastics, also known as shrink-wrap and greenhouse film..
- Acceptable Plastics
- Drop-Off Locations and participating businesses
- Everyone is encouraged to participate!
- View Brochure
- Contact Us
- Back to www.RecycleMyPlastic.com
Shrink-wrap and greenhouse film is the form of polyethylene that is found most abundantly since these materials are generally used to protect very large items such as boats, RVs and large greenhouses. However, the following smaller items are also #2 and #4 plastic and are able to be recycled through this program:
- Plastic plant pots and trays (see photo, right)
- Bottles (including milk, water, juice, cosmetic, shampoo, dish and laundry detergent, etc.)
- Plastic trash, retail and grocery bags
- Some yogurt and margarine (or similar) tubs
- Dry cleaning plastic garment bags
- Bread Bags
- Paper towel/toilet paper/etc. packaging
- ANY plastic marked #2 or #4 - Any color, shape, size!
The following are sites available to drop off any #2 and #4 plastics. Tip: Call before dropping off!
PUBLIC DROP-OFF SITES
Washtenaw County Regional Drop-Off Station
2950 Ellsworth Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
PRIVATE DROP-OFF SITE (for customers only)
Klave's Marina (Seasonal/Shrink Wrap Only!)
8789 McGregor Rd.
Pinckney, MI 48169
Lodi Farms Garden Center
2880 South Wagner Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
All marinas, yacht clubs, dry marinas, boat storage yards, nurseries, RV storage yards, manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, etc. are welcome to begin participating in this recycling effort. Whether you generate a lot or just a small amount of polyethylene, you are encouraged to participate so that we may keep this non-compostable item out of our environment for good!
If you are a business that generates large quantities of polyethylene and would like to serve as a drop-off point, please contact us!
Please directy all inquiries to:
Washtenaw County Solid Waste Coordinator
Phone: (734) 222-3827
Solid Waste Program Assistant
Phone: (734) 222-6874