- If your business would like assistance in starting a recycling program, please call the Solid Waste Program at 734.222.3827. Our staff is happy to work with organizations to improve recycling and waste reduction rates!
- Clean Sweep Program: Provides FREE pesticide disposal for Michigan businesses and residents. Follow the link to learn about the program, what is accepted, and how to make an appointment.
- Waste Knot Program: Provides community-wide recognition and organization-based technical assistance and education to businesses, schools, governmental agencies and non-profit organizations that demonstrate leadership in waste reduction and recycling to protect our environment and to improve their bottom line.
Read: Staying in the Loop INTERACTIVE Newsletter - Spring 2014 Edition
- Washtenaw County 3-R Business Directory: The Washtenaw County 3-R Business Directory is a listing of local businesses and organizations that make use of sustainable practices. The directory is organized by business type and area.
- Environmental Excellence Awards Program: The Environmental Excellence Awards Program aims to recognize businesses and non-profit organizations in Washtenaw County that practice environmentally sound behavior in the areas of water quality protection, waste reduction and recycling, and pollution prevention. The awards are provided once each year.
- MRC Recycling Directory: The Michigan Recycling Coalition provides a directory to help businesses and organizations find markets for their recyclable material. Check the website to set up a collection with a collector, processor and/or broker; or to add your company to their list.
- Hospitality Environmental Benefits Calculator: The Northeast Waste Management Officials' Association [NEWMOA] offers a free calculator to estimate the financial and environmental benefits from sustainable practices at your hotel(s). All you have to do is answer a few simple questions, such as the size of your facility and the types of activities that you participate in and the calculator does the rest!
- Shrink Wrap Recycling: The Washtenaw County Solid Waste Program and Michigan Sea Grant are working with local businesses and residents to recycle high- and low- density polyethylene, or #2 and #4 plastics, also known as shrink-wrap and greenhouse film.