Unacceptable HHW Items
These items cannot be brought to the Washtenaw County Home Toxics program for disposal. Please find an alternative disposal method.
- Asbestos [FAQ's]
- Business Waste
- Compost/Yard Waste [check local government]
- Empty Containers
- Electronic Waste
- Explosives & Ammunition [Sheriff Sub-Stations, call first]
- Freon Appliances [The Drop-Off Station]
- Incandescent Light Bulbs [Gross Electric]
- Medical Waste [blood, gauze, linen, etc.]
- Pharmacueticals/Medication** [For local medicine disposal options, please view info. on the Medicine Take-Back Program by visiting www.dontflushdrugs.com]
- Radioactive Materials [Regulations]
**Current DEA laws prevent the HHW facility from collecting any type of medication; over the counter (OTC), prescription or any of the five classes of scheduled drugs.
If you have any questions about whether we can accept your materials or products for disposal, please contact us!
Jon Tulman, Solid Waste Program Specialist
Noelle Bowman, Solid Waste Program Specialist
Jonathan Pelukas, Environmental Coordinator
Jeff Krcmarik, Environmental Supervisor