Washtenaw County Home Toxics Collection Center Hours & Location
Bring your unwanted materials to the Washtenaw County Home Toxics Collection Center!
April - November: Open the first 3 Saturdays of each month, from 9:00AM - Noon (CLOSED on holiday weekends!)
Don't forget to check the calendar - we are ALWAYS CLOSED on the 4th and 5th Saturdays of the month, and we are CLOSED on holiday weekends! If you can't make it to a Saturday collection, please see below for instructions on making a weekday appointment.
- The Home Toxics Collection Center is a first-come, first-serve, drive-up and drop-off service. Pull into the parking lot and follow the signs that will lead to the collection shed behind the building.
- For the safety of yourself and others, please wait in line inside your car until an employee is available to provide service to you.
- Please be aware that at times this is a high-traffic area with dangerous toxic materials. Washtenaw County takes thorough precautions to minimize accidents by ensuring a trained employee assists each customer with their hazardous wastes.
- All cigarettes and flames must be extinguished prior to attending a collection.
DECEMBER - MARCH: By Appointment ONLY
Regular Saturday collections are not held during winter months due to ongoing inclement weather conditions.
- Please call the Home Toxics Information Line at 734-222-6874 to schedule a special appointment during the week. When leaving a voicemail, include your name and phone number. Your call will be returned as soon as possible. We are as flexible as possible and ask for at least a 2-day notice.
- Upon arrival for appointment, please check in at the front customer counter unless other arrangements have been made. Leave your toxic materials in your car. You will be instructed to pull around the back of the building to the collection shed.
- Showing up during the week without an appointment will not guarantee an employee will be present to help you. Please call ahead so we can be there to assist you!
REMINDER: NEVER drop-off toxic materials without a County employee to assist you. Leaving toxic materials outside the collection area fence or anywhere in the parking lot is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
The Home Toxics Collection Center is located at the Western Washtenaw County Service Center, at 705 N. Zeeb Rd., Ann Arbor (just north of Exit 169 on I-94). Access directions here. The Center is a white shed surrounded by a green chain-link fence, on the south side of the parking lot behind the Service Center Building. (Map) Once you arrive for a Saturday collection, please follow the signs that will lead to the collection shed. If you arrive during the week for a scheduled appointment, please first come to the front desk (leave your toxics in your car) to confirm your arrival.
The Western Washtenaw County Service Center (above) is located between the Washtenaw County Road Commission office and Scio Township Hall.
The Home Toxics Collection Center (above) is located in the parking lot behind the Service Center on the south-west corner of the lot.
Washtenaw County Office of the Water Resources Commissioner
Solid Waste Division
705 North Zeeb Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Noelle Bowman, Solid Waste Program Specialist
Jonathan Pelukas, Environmental Coordinator
Jon Tulman, Solid Waste Specialist
Jeff Krcmarik, Environmental Supervisor