Zingermans Service Network
3756 Plaza Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Zingerman’s was founded in March 1982 by Ari Weinzweig and Paul Saginaw as a small corner delicatessen in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Today we are a community of eight unique businesses, with almost 600 employees and over 45 million dollars in annual revenue. We’re still in Ann Arbor, and it’s in our long-term vision that we’ll grow to include 12-18 businesses, all in the Ann Arbor area. During our 30+ years in business, Zingerman’s has been recognized nationally not just for our exceptional products and customer service but also for our unique business model.
Sustainable Business Practices
- Comprehensive recycling and compost programs. Our compost system accepts all organic material including meat, bones, raw dough, paper toweling, etc.
- Zero Waste education
- Sustainable purchasing initiatives
- Green Cleaning
- Green House Gas metrics. Carbon footprint calculated annually following GHG protocol for scope 1, 2 and some scope 3 emissions
- Facilities Energy Audit
- Planet Zingerman's internal committee with reps from most businesses works on sustainable initiatives
- All LED lighting retrofit of fluorescent ceiling fixtures
- Water, energy and materials efficient bathroom remodels.