3711 Plaza Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Zingerman’s Bakehouse is an energetic group of dedicated bakers and food lovers committed to making and selling the best-tasting, traditionally made breads and pastries that we can imagine. We are real artisan bakers, which means that we use traditional methods and flavorful ingredients to make our bread and sweet stuff. Our Bakehouse is a wholesale bakery for specialty food stores, cafés and restaurants in southeastern Michigan, a retail shop, and a baking school for home bakers. In our retail store, you can buy all of the baked goods we make, sandwiches and soups. You can also buy fresh candy bars made on-site by Zingerman’s Candy Manufactory. Learn how to make our breads and pastries at BAKE!, our facility for hands-on baking classes. Visit our southside neighbors for more great food—Zingerman’s Creamery and Zingerman’s Coffee Company.
Sustainable Business Practices
- Comprehensive recycling and compost programs. Our compost system accepts all organic material including meat, bones, raw dough, paper toweling, etc.
- Zero Waste education
- Sustainable purchasing initiatives
- Green Cleaning
- Green House Gas metrics. Carbon footprint calculated annually following GHG protocol for scope 1, 2 and some scope 3 emissions
- Facilities Energy Audit
- Planet Zingerman's internal committee with reps from most businesses works on sustainable initiatives
- Lighting retrofit
- Comprehensive energy audit assessing energy use from production