The following information is meant to assist those who are considering opening a restaurant in Washtenaw County, and those who are currently operating a restaurant in Washtenaw County. Please contact the Environmental Health Division at (734) 222-3800 if you have specific questions related to your establishment.
- Opening/Purchasing a Restaurant in Washtenaw County
- Food Service Plan Review
- Food Service License Application
- Food Service License Fees
- Temporary Food Service Licensing - View our Temporary Food Vendor Training video!
- Washtenaw County Food Code Enforcement Procedures
- Michigan Modified Food Code - effective October 1, 2012
- Michigan Food Law of 2000 - updated October 1, 2012
- Smoke-Free Law - Link to information on Michigan's new law regarding smoking in bars and restaurants. There is also a Smoke Free Law Information line, available at 1-866-59SMOKE or 1-866-597-6653.
- Online Restaurant Inspection Reports
- ServSafe Classes
- Emergency Action Plans for Retail Food Establishments
- Subscribe/Unsubscribe to Online Food Safety Updates
- Food (Safety) for Thought Newsletter
- Educational Materials for Restaurants
- Employee Health Forms
- Influenza (Seasonal Flu and H1N1) Information for Food Service Establishments
- Special Transitory Food Unit (STFU) Intent to Serve Form
- Mobile Food Service Establishment Commissary Verification Form
- Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG)
- Buying Local - Approved Food Sources for Food Establishments
- Food Defense and Emergency Response
- Norovirus Clean-up Guidelines
- HACCP: Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point
- Conserve - Website sponsored by the National Restaurant Association aimed at assisting restaurants in saving money and helping the environment.