You are here: Home Government Departments Environmental Health Food Safety Filing a Restaurant Complaint

Filing a Restaurant Complaint

The Environmental Health Division licenses and inspects over 1000 food service establishments in Washtenaw County. If you have had a negative experience at a food service facility that you would like to report to us, please follow the instructions below.

Note: We do not handle basic customer service complaints such as rude waitstaff, lost reservations, or slow service time. Please report these incidents to the restaurant's management.

For complaints regarding a retail grocery store, convenience store, party store, processing facility or warehouse, please contact:
Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Phone: 1-800-292-3939
MDARD Online Complaint Report Form

For complaints regarding a restaurant, coffee shop, bar, catering facility, or other facility serving food directly to the public within Washtenaw County, please contact:
Washtenaw County
Environmental Health Division

705 N. Zeeb Rd., P.O. Box 8645
Ann Arbor, MI  48107-8645
Phone: (734) 222-3800
Fax: (734) 222-3930

Please be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Your Name, Address, and Phone Number (you can remain anonymous to the restaurant)
  • Name of restaurant
  • Location/address of restaurant (it must be in Washtenaw County)
  • Date of incident
  • Nature of complaint

If you believe you became ill from this incident, please see
Reporting a Foodborne Illness!

Document Actions
Google Translate