You are here: Home Government Departments Environmental Health Food Safety Reporting a Foodborne Illness (Food Poisoning)

Reporting a Foodborne Illness (Food Poisoning)

If you believe you have gotten sick from food you ate at a restaurant or grocery store in Washtenaw County, please call Washtenaw County Environmental Health at (734) 222-3800. (Please note that our office hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday.)


Please be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Your Name, Address, and Phone Number (you will remain anonymous to the restaurant)
  • Name of restaurant
  • Location/address of restaurant (it must be in Washtenaw County)
  • Date of suspect meal
  • Specific information about the foods you believe made you sick
  • 3-day food eating history
  • When your symptoms began and what they were 



Document Actions
Google Translate