Washtenaw County Community Mental Health (WCCMH) provides community based clinical services to children and adults affected by developmental disability or mental illness and co-occurring substance use, and remains interested in community partnerships that improve the lives of consumers.
WCCMH offers Social Work internships which provide an outstanding opportunity to develop clinical skills and to contribute to systems change through advocacy and community organization strategies.
This administrative placement offers opportunities to participate in policy development, evaluation of programs, and develop skills in the management of human services. As we continue to implement new programs and revise treatment strategies to evidence-based best practices, there can be many opportunities to tailor an internship to the interests of the student.
If you are a student interested in pursuing an internship with Washtenaw County Community Mental Health, please email Nick Testorelli with replies to all of the following questions for consideration.
- Name, phone number, and email.
- Name of the school you are currently attending.
- Your current area of study, degree, or credentials.
- Contact information for your instructor and/or internship advisor.
- Will this internship be for school credit?
- What is your primary area of interest? (adult mental health; developmental disabilities; youth and family; older adult needs; co-occurring disorders (substance abuse with at least one other aforementioned groups))
- Are you okay working in any area outside of your primary interest?
- How many hours do you need to complete your internship?
- What is the timeframe for completion (e.g. spring/summer only? a full year?)
- When can you start? (Schedule specifics are worked out at the program level if you are selected)
Your information will be forwarded to our leadership team and you will be contacted if placement is available.
Please remember we only accept unpaid interns and completion of the questionnaire does not guarantee a placement but helps with finding a place that works well for the student and the staff.